Microsoft Urban Assault is officially translated into 4 different language localisations with full text and audio support: English, German (original), French, and Japanese. This information is also available at the game's credits.
The game was mainly targeted to be sold commercially in Europe/North America/Japan video gaming markets. A full text and audio localisation of a European game into the Japanese market was also quite rare for its time.
2 Official UA Localisation/Translation List
Microsoft Urban Assault is officially translated with full audio and text localisations in the following 4 languages:
- English: Urban Assault | Metropolis Dawn | Urban Assault Trial
- German (original development language): Urban Assault | Metropolis Dawn
- French: Urban Assault | Metropolis Dawn
- Japanese: Urban Assault
Other unofficial translations may also exist, but they are neither official nor authentic contents and therefore not endorsed around here.
2.1 Microsoft Urban Assault
Microsoft Urban Assault is officially translated with full audio and language support in the following 4 languages: English, German (original), French, and Japanese.
2.2 Metropolis Dawn Expansion Pack
Metropolis Dawn Expansion pack is available in 3 officially supported languages: English, German (original), and French.
2.3 Urban Assault Trial
Urban Assault Trial is only available in English version.
- For unknown reasons, the voice message file that plays when a Taerkasten player is eliminated during the multiplayer matches are only present in the French version of UA. (This requires a further verification -- Charlotte)
- Some mistranslation errors are present in the English version briefing text of Metropolis Dawn when compared to the original German briefing text. This is most likely a minor oversight or a mistake during the translation.